It has been a long while since I’ve done a linkity post, hasn’t it? Should we fix that? I think we should. Also, I’m going to steal an idea from Chris of Stumbling Over Chaos and separate my links into similarly themed items.
- If you like reading m/m e-books, and either need suggestions or the chance to win one for free in a contest, head over to Stumbling Over Chaos. Chris does giveaways every Tues-Thurs (as near as I can tell) and sometimes even has multiple contests per day.
- My friend Julie has several options for those of you in need of reading material. She has YA paranormal fiction for sale, as well as free stories online featuring Doc, the Vampire Hunting Dog. Her fiction for sale includes a series of western short stores and a full-length novel, Senior Year Bites.
- Miriam of MimKnits has some great tips on how to manage long-tail cast ons. I have used one of these techniques before, but not the others. I intend to start…
- I shouldn’t tell you this (because I want them all for myself) but JessaLu makes cool box bags. Including some with Tardis fabric! (currently out of stock…) Want.
- Christy (aka Turtlegirl) has a nifty tutorial of how to put the gusset of a sock on the bottom rather than along the sides.
- No post would be complete without mention of Sock Summit and my crazy knitting friends. Here are some links from Doortje about SS-2011 – including the Fleece To Foot, knitting while wearing crazy (knitted) Viking helmets, and mimicking Moaning Myrtle on the train home.
- Jenn of EPBOT (and CakeWrecks) has found an amazing Wheatley puppet. (From Portal 2.)
- There’s also a space core cake and companion cube cake (also from the Portal games).
- This could go either here or in the yarn section, but I decided on here. I mean, really. Dr. Who inspired yarn. WANT.
- xkcd does great things…
Anyway, I could keep going, but I suspect that would end up with me getting distracted by the links and not actually posting any of them here. So instead of that I’m going to just end this blog now, and wish you all a lovely weekend!