Well, The Sorcerer opened successfully, and we had a great opening weekend. So, I shall now attempt to get back to a regular blogging schedule! However, things being the way they are, today all I can manage for you is a bunch of random thoughts:
- I am more tired today than I was during Hell Week. This does not seem fair.
- Bagels don’t last as well overnight sitting on the counter in a paper bag as one could hope. Also, what’s with the salt bagel getting all gooey-wet on top where the extra salt is? Ick.
- Even if I’m planning on taking a half-dozen bagels to a party or some such, I need to not order a random assortment. Chances are I will end up bringing back home the ones that aren’t my favorites.
- Some days (such as when my body decides it’s a good day to cramp) just call for donuts.
- These days are also the days when the morning drags on and on, and the time between when I arrive at work (sans donut because I was running late due to not wanting to get out of bed because of the cramps) and when I can leave work on my lunch break to get a donut seems to be endless.
- If I make myself do work, I can sometimes wake myself up a little. This works a bit, but not nearly as well as getting ready for pyro effects on stage. Even knowing it’s controlled, there’s something about watching flash paper go up in a puff of flame to get your pulse racing.
- Especially when you’re in charge of the stage.
- Office work, no matter how rewarding generally, just can’t compare to pyrotechnic effects.
And on that note, I think it’s time for me to try and wake up completely. I think I’ll get some more tea with my donut.