1. Weather seems to have been universally weird so far this year. Or at least this spring. I have friends telling me they’re being flooded, other area are getting lots of more dramatic weather than is normal (tornadoes, I’m looking at you – though thankfully not ACTUALLY looking at you, out here in California), and my lovely California spring has turned into a second winter.
2. Regardless of all this, I still love where I live compared to the alternatives I’ve seen.
3. And now, reflecting back on another year (this isn’t actually my birthday, but close enough) I really can’t imagine a better place to be living my life or better people to be living it with. My guy, my family, my friends… they are all very good to me.
4. I wonder why we give thanks on Thanksgiving and not more frequently. The way we make such a big thing about it one day a year almost seems like we’re paying lip service rather than truly believing it.
5. I haven’t gotten cynical with age. Really. I just sometimes worry about the state of the Human Soul. And not in a religious way. In a more universal way, that can include religion for those who are so inclined. But really, whether you’re religious or not, you have to admit that we focus more on the bad (as a culture) than on the good.
6. This was (IMO) the best part about the Royal Wedding. It was such a relief to see GOOD NEWS in the media instead of this disaster and that scandal. We need more happy stuff.
7. I’m going to do my part today. Today is a good day.
8. Speaking of that, did I mention I have awesome friends? If you wondered, here is the (physical) proof:
(Left to right: Dream in Color Smooshy, Nightwatch color; project bag sewn by a friend; Hazel Knits artisan sock yarn, ChocoBerry color; Handwerks lace yarn, Asian Pear color; 2 balls Patons Stretch Socks in Bonbon Caramel; project bag that was part of the Green Planet yarns birthday present, Frog Tree Brushed Suri; and a laceweight Zauberball by Schoppel Wolle) (Oh – and that’s just the yarn & bags. There was more, but it’s not pictured.)
9. I hope you all are having a great day, too!