About a week ago, the guinea pigs of Two Guinea Pigs presented Suzy and me with an award, the Versatile Blogger Award. The rules to accepting this award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger that gave you the reward.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers that you have recently discovered and think are fantastic!
So… thank you Ginger and Wiggley! I think you guys are great, too.
I’m not sure about the versatility thing, but I guess it applies. I don’t stick to just one topic on the blog. Anyway, here’s my list of seven things. (I’ll try to make these seven things about both me and Suzy… we’ll see how well I can do on that.)
- Suzy always seems to know when I am awake in the mornings. And when I’m awake and not feeding her, she starts eating random things in my bedroom to get my attention.
- We have a symbiotic relationship about bugs. Suzy likes them, and I don’t. So I ignore them, and she eats them. It works great, except when she sticks her face in mine right after eating a spider.
- We have a less symbiotic relationship about laundry. I fold it, and she plays in it. And then she gets kicked off the bed (and sometimes out of the room entirely).
- Sheet-changing-time is a great playtime. (I wonder if this is related to playing with my laundry?) Suzy loves to jump under the sheets and attack them from below while I’m trying to get them on the bed. (Well, while I’m pretending to try. I usually allot three times the amount of time I’ll need so that we can play a little before I actually get the job done.)
- I can clip Suzy’s claws all by myself, no fuss or scratching involved. She’d always been decently good about it, but then I got the idea from Chris to bribe her with treats (behave for a manicure, and get yummies) and now she doesn’t even growl at me.
- One of Suzy’s favorite pastimes (other than playing with laundry in its various forms) is to attack me. In a cute, not-actually-painful, fashion. She doesn’t bite hard, just love-nips, and then her tongue ends up sticking out of her mouth, quite forgotten. It’s cute.
- Suzy likes books, which is appropriate for a cat of mine. However, I do not appreciate her love of books. You see, she has learned that nibbling on the cover of whatever book I have on my bedside table is a great way to get me out of bed in the morning. (She has yet to learn that me getting out of bed in order to lock her out of the bedroom does not get her fed any faster…)
And the people I’m passing the award on to… Not 15, because it’s early, I’m tired, and I’m not sure I can count that high at the moment (heh) but some…
- Chris of Stumbling Over Chaos — if you need a reason, check out her Friday linkity posts. If that’s not versatile, I don’t know what is.
- Jen of EPBOT (and CakeWrecks fame) — she has two amazing blogs. They are both awesome, and yet they feature very different topics.
- Seanna of Another Purl — a fellow knitter and theatre person. I love finding bloggers who have my same loves.
- JessaLu of JessaLu Kntis… and Spins! — she makes amazing things. And she has a bee on her blog banner. Love.