So, I believe I promised you all a contest today! Well, first, a brief explanation why I felt the urge to have a contest in the first place:
I’ve had rather a bit of luck with contests, myself. In the past few months, before I stopped entering book contests because I felt guilty, all of those lovely books arrived at my doorstep on someone else’s dime. They are, top row first, left to right:
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (sent by Jess of Unsearchable Riches)
The Secret of Everything by Barbara O’Neal (sent by PBW aka Lynn/S.L. Viehl)
The Demon’s Daughter by Emma Holly (sent by Lesley W)
and Lord of the Dark Sun by Stobie Piel (also from Lesley W).
Needless to say, that’s a lot of contests to win in such a short period of time. So, I felt I should give something back! Enter picture of the day #2:
Two of the books I won were signed to me, so those are not going anywhere. However, they both caused a duplicate copy to be sitting on my shelf, and I’m not one to keep two copies of a book without a good reason. (Such as if they’re BOTH signed to me, or if one copy is too pretty to damage by reading, or if I have a falling-apart copy that has sentimental value and so is too precious to throw away.)
Up for grabs are:
Dear Sir, I’m Yours (signed!) by Joely Sue Burkhart (contemporary romance, with light BDSM),
Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione (paranormal romance),
and Elfshadow by Elaine Cunningham (fantasy, set in the Forgotten Realms world). This is an older book, and I bought it as a gift forgetting I’d already GIVEN it to the person I’d bought it for, so it becomes a blog gift instead!
Now for the Rules:
- Contest is open from now until midnight Pacific time on the last day of May.
- Comment on any post dated between now and then for a chance to win. (Comments on older posts are appreciated, but don’t count.)
- Send people here for an additional chance to win. One chance per person sent here, not per comment they make.
- In some or all of my posts between now and the end of the month I will ask for specific things. Like if I’m sad I might ask to be cheered up, or if I post my opinion I might ask for yours. Actually paying attention to these questions and commenting appropriately will get you an additional chance to win.
- You MUST, in some comment on any of the eligible blog posts, tell me which book(s) you would like to be entered to win. Otherwise, I won’t know what you want, and so won’t enter you in the contest. Also, I will not send you a book you don’t say you want, so be aware.
- There are 3 books. That means 3 winners.
- Contest is open to everyone with a shipping address, regardless of location or contest winning history.