START DATE: 7/11/2016 // END DATE: 4/8/2019
67 THINGS COMPLETE OUT OF 101 ~ 66%
ARTS & CRAFTS (10/19 complete)
- Clean sewing stash and rehome unwanted fabric/notions
Clean spinning stash and rehome unwanted fiber~ 8/2/2016 Clean yarn stash and rehome unwanted yarn~ 8/5/2016
- Complete Craftsy photography class to learn how to use my DSLR better
Cull card making supplies to what I will actually use~ 10/1/2018 Finish crocheting Babette blanket~ 9/3/2017
- Finish knitting the 2016 GAL blanket
- Finish sewing the T-Shirt Quilt
Go through my knitting magazines and determine which ones have patterns I want to knit – keep those, and donate the rest~ 7/23/2016 Go through needle felting supplies and get rid of what I won’t use~ 6/29/2017 Spin Purple Majesty yarn for Boyfriend Sweater~ 8/19/2018 Knit Purple Majesty Boyfriend Sweater~ 9/9/2018 Make 2 (digital) scrapbooks for me (2/2)~ 10/8/2017 Make my own Christmas cards (I used to do this, and miss it)~ 11/25/2017
- Needle felt at least 1 project — I changed my mind, I’m not going to continue with this hobby. Instead #10 (get rid of all needle felting supplies I won’t use) will end up getting rid of ALL needle felting supplies.
- Organize my crafting supplies so that everything has a place to belong, and rehome anything that I no longer want
- Sew 3 items of clothing (for me or gifts) (1/3) ~ (1 = Tink PJs 3/11/2018)
- Sew the Nora Doctor Bag
- Weave something on the loom
BLOG (3/4 complete)
- Blog about 101 in 1001 progress at least once a month (29/33)
Make 10 new blog friends (10/10)~ 10/23/2017 Refresh my list of Favorite Blogs, and find at least 10 new blogs to include (10/10)~ (1 = Socrates’ Book Reviews; 2 = Inkophile; 3 = Scribble Jot; 4 = Quo Vadis; 5 = Hand Over That Pen; 6 = This Is My Truth Now; 7 = The Hungry Little Bookwyrm; 8 = kmkat and her needles; 9 = BookBum; 10 = Jo Creates) ~ 7/27/2017 Visit my blog friends (old and new) at least once a week for 3 months minimum~ 2/28/2017
FITNESS (3/7 complete)
- 30 minutes of yoga, 3+ days a week, for a month (do 2 times) (0/2) — I changed my mind, I’m not going to do this. I don’t enjoy yoga as much as I had hoped.
- Complete 30-Day Plank Challenge — EDIT:
Complete 30-Day Crunch Challenge~ 1/18/2016
- Exercise 30+ minutes every weekday for a month (do 5 times) (0/5)
Participate in at least 1 more Hogwarts Running Club race (though I’ve been doing them as walks, not as runs)~ 1/30/2017
- Use my free weights (or other at-home strength training) for at least 10 minutes daily, 3 days a week, for a months (do 2 times) (0/2)
- Use or rehome my bicycle
Walk from Hobbiton to Rivendell~ 11/2/2018
FOOD (12/14 complete)
Note: with the exception of the monthly new recipe challenge goal, recipes in the food section of this challenge can only count toward one aspect of the challenge. So, list items #31, 38, & 42-44 will total 18 new recipes tried.
Bake a pumpkin pie~ 11/23/2016 Cut back to 1 Starbucks chai/Frappuccino per week maximum, and maintain for 2 months~ 2/28/2017 Drink no soda for a month (do 3 times) (3/3)~ (1 = Jan 2017; 2 = Oct 2017; 3 = Nov 2017) ~ 11/20/2017 Enter all my recipes into my digital recipe manager (Paprika)~ 8/18/2018 Get my kitchen knives sharpened or replaced~ 12/10/2017 Go a month without eating fast food~ 11/30/2016 Go wine tasting in Napa Valley~ 5/20/2018 Replace my Crock Pot and try 10 new slow cooker recipes for it (10/10)~ (1 = Slow Cooker Vegetarian Minestrone; 2 = Mongolian Beef; 3 = Crock-pot Ham, Green Beans, and Potatoes; 4 = Mom’s Italian Beef Barley Soup; 5 = Italian Garden Soup; 6 = Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos; 7 = Slow Cooker Beef Stew; 8 = Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken; 9 = Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup; 10 = Slow Cooker Jambalaya) ~ 3/1/2017 Try 20 new restaurants (20/20)~ 8/17/2017
- Try 3 new recipes every month for the length of the challenge (inclusive with other recipe goals in this challenge) (2/33)
Try 3 new wineries in my local area (3/3)~ 12/4/2016 Try 5 new vegetarian dinner recipes (5/5)~ (1 = Lentil, Kale, & Quinoa Stew; 2 = One-Pan Mexican Quinoa; 3 = Chholey (Chickpea) Masala; 4 = Red Lentil Soup; 5 = Zesty Quinoa Salad) ~ 4/21/2017 Try cooking Dim Sum~ 2/11/2018
- Try to make the Perfect Margarita
HEALTH (4/5 complete)
Drink the recommended amount of water daily for a week (do 10 times) (10/10)~ 5/27/2018 Get a minimum of 7 hours sleep on work nights for a month (do 3 times) (3/3)~ (1 = Jan 2018; 2 = Feb 2018; 3 = April 2018) Get an eye appointment (and new glasses if needed)~ 11/11/2017
- Reach my goal weight and maintain it
Use Invisalign to get my teeth straight~ 6/19/2017
PERSONAL (15/21 complete)
- Clean the guest room so it’s usable as a guest room
Donate blood (do 3 times) (3/3)~ (1 = 3/4/2017; 2 = 7/1/2017; 3 = 9/23/2017) Explore 5 new-to-me locations (extended vacation or day trip)(5/5) ~ 9/13/2017 Get up early enough to make myself breakfast at home before work daily for a week (do 5 times) (5/5)~ 4/6/2018 Go a full month without buying anything frivolous (do 5 times) (5/5)~ 8/31/2018
- Go through my iCloud photos and get rid of ones I don’t want to keep
Go through my mug collection and only keep the ones I intend to use~ 3/18/2017 Have a game night with family~ 1/6/2017
- Make an earthquake kit
Make/do 12 things (food or otherwise) off of Pintrest (12/12) ~ (1 = caged dice; 2 = Pusheen cookies; 3 = Happy Bread; 4 = Circle of Love Lace Cowl; 5 = Undercover Maker Mat; 6 = Lemon Butter Chicken; 7 = Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies; 8 = Santa Swirl Cookies; 9 = Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies; 10 = White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies; 11 = Sewn Luggage Tag; 12 = Mickey & Minnie Icebox Pinwheel Cookies)~ 12/9/2018
- Migrate everything from my old laptop to my new one
- Send off the rest of my APS film cartridges to get scanned to digital (in batches)
Take a class / find a software program and start learning another language~ 1/24/2018 Tour a vineyard~ 5/21/2018
- Transfer home videos from MiniDV tape to DVD — Edit: can’t do this now without spending lots of money; the camera I had been using broke.
Try the KonMari method for organizing & tidying-up for at least 3 consecutive, active months~ 10/15/2016 Visit 3 museums (3/3)~ 5/16/2017 Turn my desk into a usable writing nook~ 2/19/2018 Watch 5 “what do you mean, you haven’t seen this?” movies (5/5)~ (1 = A Clockwork Orange; 2 = The Emperor’s New Groove; 3 = Jaws; 4 = Beetlejuice; 5 = Mulan) ~ 8/30/2017 Watch 5 documentaries (5/5)~ (1 = Atari: Game Over; 2 = Minecraft: the Story of Mojang; 3 = For the Love of Spock; 4 = Back In Time; 5 = Waking Sleeping Beauty) ~ 6/2/2017 Write Morning Pages daily for at least a month~ 8/31/2016
PROFESSIONAL & FINANCIAL (3/6 complete)
- Contribute $10 to IRA for each item completed from this list (54/101) ~ Note: I have to do this in batches because of contribution requirements.
Cut personal debt in half (more than half would be great, but since I’m trying to be reasonable and I also have savings goals, we’ll go with half)~ 8/21/2017 Find a way to enjoy my day job more, instead of just tolerating it~ 4/10/2017
- Grow personal savings account to 2 months salary minimum and maintain
Look into requirements for Project Management as a career~ 2/13/2017
- Save all my change during this challenge, just to see how much it is (credit to Violet Sage for the idea) – full amount to be added to savings or IRA at the end of the challenge
READING (9/11 complete)
Note: with the exception of the yearly reading challenge goals, books in the reading section of this challenge can only count toward one aspect of the challenge. So, list items #82-87 will total 39 books read.
- Complete my 2016 Reading Challenge — Not gonna happen, even if I stress over it. So no stress, and better planning for the future reading challenges.
Complete a reading challenge in 2017~ 12/31/2017 Complete a reading challenge in 2018~ 12/31/2018 Move my entire TBR list into my TBR Bullet Journal~ 2/11/2017 Organize my bookshelf to get the books off the floor~ 1/26/2018 Re-read 5 books I haven’t read in at least 10 years(5/5) ~ (1 = Robert Louis Stevenson, Treasure Island; 2 = Carolyn Keene, The Mystery at Lilac Inn; 3 = Carolyn Keene, The Secret of Shadow Ranch; 4 = Maxine Hong Kingston, The Woman Warrior; 5= Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha) ~ 3/2/2018 Read 1 book in each of these genres: hard sci-fi , western, mystery, biography (non-memoir), memoir, science non-fiction(5/6) ~ (memoir = Carrie Fisher, The Princess Diarist; science non-fiction = Sean Carroll, The Higgs Boson and Beyond; mystery = Lilian Jackson Braun, The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern; hard sci-fi = Robert Forward, Dragon’s Egg; biography = William Shatner, Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man; western = short story compilation Westward Weird) ~ 10/22/2018 Read 10 books by new-to-me authors (10/10)~ (1 = Anne Canadeo, While My Pretty One Knits; 2 = Rita Mae Brown, Wish You Were Here; 3 = Miranda James, Murder Past Due; 4 = Lazette Gifford, Kat Among the Pigeons; 5 = Drew Hayes, NPCs; 6 = Michael Atamanov, Videogame Plotline Tester; 7 = Connie Willis, Bellwether; 8 = Sophie Kelly, Curiosity Thrilled the Cat; 9 = Gene Doucette, The Spaceship Next Door; 10 = Franklin Habit, It Itches: A Stash of Knitting Cartoons) ~ 9/29/2017
- Read 5 of my neglected magazines cover-to-cover (2/5) — I got part-way through this and realized I didn’t want to force myself to read the magazine articles that didn’t interest me. I decided to go back to only reading the articles I wanted, instead of reading the magazine cover-to-cover.
Read 6 classics I haven’t read before (6/6)~ (1 = Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility; 2 = Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden; 3 = Jules Verne, A Journey to the Center of the Earth; 4 = James Herriot, All Creatures Great & Small; 5 = T.S. Eliot, Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats; 6 = Eleanor Coerr, Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes) ~ 2/8/2018 Read 7 non-fiction books (7/7)~ (1 = Neil Patrick Harris, Choose Your Own Autobiography; 2 = Neil deGrasse Tyson, Astrophysics for People in a Hurry; 3 = Carrie Fisher, Wishful Drinking; 4 = Dorsey Armstrong, The Medieval World; 5 = Joshua N. Winn, The Search for Exoplanets; 6 = Neil deGrasse Tyson, My Favorite Universe; 7 = Eddie Izzard, Believe Me: A Memior about Love, Death, and Jazz Chickens) ~ 10/9/2017
THEATRE (2/4 complete)
Create a schedule to allow me to Stage Manage the show I’ve committed to without impacting my day job~ 7/27/2016
- See a show in Las Vegas — Yeah, to do this I’d have to actually go to Vegas. Not happening any time soon.
- Usher 3 live theatre shows I’m not otherwise involved in (0/3) — It’s hard to usher shows when you instead buy tickets to sit in the audience. We’ve been supporting our local theatre groups with ticket money instead of volunteer hours lately.
Watch 10 live theatre shows that I’m not otherwise involved in (10/10)~ (1 = The Little Mermaid Jr.; 2 = 1776; 3 = (Disney’s) Aladdin; 4 = Jersey Boys; 5 = A Christmas Carol; 6 = Into the Woods; 7 = Grease; 8 = Hamilton; 9 = Trial By Jury; 10 = Oklahoma!) ~ 10/21/2017
WRITING (6/10 complete)
Complete full worldbuilding for 2016 NaNoNovel~ 10/31/2016 Complete full plot outline for 2016 NaNoNovel~ 10/31/2016
- Complete first draft of
2016 2017any NaNoNovel
- Make first-pass edits on
2016 2017any NaNoNovel
- Find beta readers for
2016 2017any NaNoNovel and send out for review
- Find a writing schedule that I can keep going for 3 months minimum
Organize my hard-copy writing folder and notebooks~ 2/24/2017 Participate in NaNoWriMo in 2016~ 11/1/2016 – 11/30/2016 Participate in NaNoWriMo in 2017~ 11/1/2017 – 11/30/2017 Participate in NaNoWriMo in 2018~ 11/1/2018 – 11/30/2018